1. A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation of the company. If the company has changed its name, a copy of the Certificate of Name Change issued by the Registrar of Companies is required.
2. A copy of the Articles of Association of the company.
3. An extract of the resolution passed by the Board of Directors to open the CDS account. Alternatively the company may provide a certification in the relevant section in the account opening form (CDS Form 2).
4. A letter issued within 12 months by the Company Secretary indicating the names, addresses, NIC or Passport numbers and occupations of all existing directors.
5. A letter issued within 12 months by the Company Secretary confirming the Top Share Holders (names and addresses) up to a maximum of ten Share Holders.
6. For companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange, a directors list and a shareholders list is not applicable.
7. CDS Form 2completed by the company in accordance with the provisions of the Articles of Association of the company and /or The New Companies Act (No.7 of 2007) of Sri Lanka.
8. CDS Form 2(A)completed by the company in accordance with the provisions of the Articles of Association of the company and /or the New Companies Act (No.7 of 2007) of Sri Lanka.
9. If an authorized person signs the CDS application form on behalf of the applicant company, A copy of the Power of Attorney/ Board Resolution authorizing such person to sign on behalf of the company is necessary. A copy of National Identity Card/Passport of such person should also be submitted.