Growing wealth for over 20 years.
Getting Started for Residents
Residents with Normal Identification .
Plantation Employees (If NIC not available).
Internally Displayed Persons (IDP).
Resident with Normal Identification
1. A clear photo copy of the National Identity Card (NIC).
If the NIC is not available a copy of a valid Passport as at the date of the Account being opened at the CDS.
In the event an existing CDS account holder registered under a NIC has lost/misplaced the NIC and is unable to submit a copy through the new participant, the CDS shall accept a copy of a valid passport which bears the NIC number.
This should be submitted together with a sworn affidavit stating the fact that the NIC is not available.In the event, both the NIC and Passport are not available, a copy of the Driving License should be submitted, together with an Affidavit confirming the fact that both NIC and Passport are not available.
4. Proof of residency document as per the Rules issued by the Financial Intelligence Unit of Sri Lanka.
5. Debt Securities Transaction System (DEX) will be simultaneously authorized for DEX transactions through the above mentioned account opening forms
6. If the account is to be opened using a Power of Attorney (POA) a copy of a valid POA is required.
Plantation Employees (If NIC is not available)
1. A letter issued by the Superintendent of the Estate confirming the applicant’s EPF number and a copy of the EPF Statement of the applicant.
2. A copy of the Proof of residency document as per the rules issued by the Financial Intelligence Unit of Sri Lanka.
5. This type of accounts can be opened only for the purpose of sale of Plantation Employee Shares.
Internal Displaced Persons (IDP)
3. A copy of the special identification document issued under the authority of the government should be submitted for purposes of identification and as proof of residency.
4. Alternatively if the IDP does not possess the special identification document as above, a confirmation letter issued by the ‘Grama Sevaka’ of the area in which the IDP lives should be submitted.
5. A copy of the Birth Certificate or in the absence of a Birth Certificate, a Sworn Affidavit is acceptable.
To obtain the application form you can download or personally collect from our head office or from the nearest Branch
44 Guildford Crescent Colombo 07, Sri Lanka.